In October I applied to join the 9Rules network. It is a very cool place, but I just applied on a lark. You know, so I wouldn’t be disappointed when I didn’t get in.
But today I popped over to the site to see what was up, and this is what I saw. And now I can’t stop grinning. And by admitting that I am incredibly happy to have gotten in, I have lost all cool-factor street cred I ever had (SHUT UP).
If you’re not familiar with 9Rules, here’s what they have to say about themselves. (Or you could read it over there if you prefer.)
Anyone can join 9rules — you don’t have to be well-known, networked, rich, successful, or beautiful — but you do have to have a fiery passion for the medium. Here are the membership responsibilities:
- Great content, updated regularly. A nicely-designed site might draw readers in, but it’s the content that keeps them coming back.
- The desire to improve your site and your skills.
- A commitment to the 9rules community, whether that means helping fellow members or just giving advice to a new writer.
But one thing I like best about them is that they really do have 9 rules!
- Love what you do.
- Never stop learning.
- Form works with function.
- Simple is beautiful.
- Work hard, play hard.
- You get what you pay for.
- When you talk, we listen.
- Must constantly improve.
- Respect your inspiration.
Anywhoo, I’m pretty jazzed about this, but the rest of you can feel free to move on with your day. I don’t think I have the clout to declare today a national holiday. Oh, the injustice…