I can neither bring home the bacon nor fry it up in a pan. I am unable to keep track of:
- which of the 3 boys classrooms I have contributed to the teacher gift for
- which of the 3 boys classrooms needs me to bring in a canned good for Friendship Soup day (and possibly that already has happened in which case I missed it)
- which of the 3 boys classrooms needs me to bring in a canned good for a canned good drive
- which of the 3 boys classrooms is having a holiday party, and when it is, and what potluck dish I need to bring
- CHIP’S SECOND BIRTHDAY IS SUNDAY. And OK, he’s not going to care one way or another, but I really have nothing planned. And his brothers will notice. Sigh.
I think I’m just going to write off all this stuff for a while — well the school stuff at least. I can barely keep my head above water as it is! They’re just lucky I remember to pick up the kids every day.
Whenever I run into a Room Parent, I just kind of tilt my head down, keep walking, and say “good morning!” over my shoulder. So much guilt! ;) But how do people do this? How do you handle this?