In the spirit of flipping completeley the freak out over Chip’s cataract surgery tomorrow, I have compiled a list of “Pros” for me to remember.
- He’ll be able to see out of his right eye. (OK, this is probably the biggest pro.)
- The surgery will be done by an expert. That’s his smiling face over there —->
- Chip will stop rubbing his right eye trying to get the cataract out himself.
- Normal vision development will no longer be affected.
- In the scope of bad “things” that can happen to your child, being born with an operable cataract while living 30 minutes away from a renowned specialist is low on the scale.
- The worst part for me will be waiting for the procedure to be over. The worst part for Chip will be having a freaking eye protector glued over his eye for 24 hours. Neither of those are the end of the world.
- I’ll get to learn about getting a toddler to keep his glasses on. (OK, not so much of a pro, but I’m trying to get myself psyched up about it!)
So, if you don’t hear from me tomorrow I’m just busy driving people around, waiting around, more driving, and then praying that everyone just goes to bed so I can lie on the floor and stare up at the ceiling in silence. Wish me luck ;)