As you may or may not have noticed, BlogHer ’08 begins later this week. Let the squeeing begin, I guess. If you can’t make the festivities, I have some tips for you. They’re not at all comprehensive, or frankly all that useful, but here we go.
1. I’ve heard that it can be just the teensiest bit irritating to hear nothing but blogherOMGblogherOMGblogher for the next week or two, and if you find yourself overwhelmed, and you Twitter, the simplest solution is for you to use Twitter Snooze. This way you can basically mute those of us who are talking nonstop about something you’re sick to death of. Instead of unsubscribing from all your Twitter peeps who are at BlogHer, just mute us all for a few days.
2. Since you won’t be there for me to force you to take one of my business cards, I’ll share them here:
And I’ll be carrying them around in this because it’s pretty, handmade, and makes me laugh:
3. I considered making some laptop stickers, or magnets, or something else terribly clever to hand out, but seriously folks, I don’t have the brain cells for that. More power to you if you can pull off that kind of primo marketing, but I think I lost all my spare brain cells when my third child was born.
4. Want to find out what is going on at BlogHer? In person? From, maybe, me perhaps? Call me!
Really! For reals! Give me a ring-a-ding and I’ll give you a real-time hookup to what is happening at that moment in BlogHer time! (Don’t worry — whenever it is a bad time to talk I’ll send all calls straight to voicemail.)
5. I’m going to try to shoot a lot of video to let everyone get a feel for what it is like. BlogHer is one of the best things I do all year, and I’m hoping I can do a good job sharing that with you.
Whether you call me, stalk me on Twitter, follow my blog posts, or choose to ignore it all, BlogHer is a force to be reckoned with. You might be hearing more about it in the next few days. I’m just saying…